The first group assignment was definitely a great learning experience. Group projects are always fun and somewhat stressful but doing a group project for an online class for a summer session has its own twist. I learned how to work with people’s schedule to meet up online. I also learned there are many ways to communicate with a group without actually meeting in person. Internet is so useful! As well as working with a group, I learned how to think critically! I had to apply a real life article to the essence of this course which was very interesting. However, I love relating what I am learning to everyday life and that is exactly what the first assignment asked for. I feel when you relate it to the world is when you get a better understanding of the material. Finding claims of a actual article was fun and an excellent learning experience!
Nice post ^^. I also thought it was pretty fun to be able to apply all the concepts we've learned to real-world organizations we've all heard of. Typically I'm not a fan of group projects at all, since it seems like I normally get placed with uncaring partners. That hasn't been the case at all so far, maybe because people who are taking classes during the summer take them more seriously overall? I also don't like the feeling of being dependent on other people for a high grade. The actual assignment though wasn't bad at all, especially once you split it between all the group members.
ReplyDelete